St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital is a not-for-profit hospital dedicated to serving the health care needs of those in the Hudson Valley. In January 2002, St. Luke’s Hospital and The Cornwall Hospital merged to create an integrated health care delivery system, providing quality comprehensive health care services. With dedicated staff, modern facilities and state-of-the-art treatment, St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of the community and continuing to aspire to excellence.
Each year the organization cares for more than 270,000 patients from around the Hudson Valley. With 1,500 employees, the hospital is one of the largest employers in Orange County. The Newburgh campus was founded in 1874 by women of St. George’s Church. The Cornwall campus was established in 1931.
SLCH was the first hospital in the region to earn New York State Stroke Center designation. A recent $11 million renovation and expansion of the Kaplan Family Center for Emergency Medicine at the Newburgh campus, and the Littman Center for Emergency Medicine at the Cornwall campus, has resulted in state-of-the-art facilities designed for patient comfort and convenience. General trauma bays and specialty treatment bays for cardiac, asthma, women's health and pediatrics enable SLCH's highly skilled ER team to provide comprehensive, quality care in a patient-centered environment.
SLCH is accredited by The Joint Commission, which sets the standards for the delivery of quality health care.
The hospital’s two Emergency Departments – The Kaplan Family Center for Emergency Medicine on the Newburgh campus and the Littman Center for Emergency Medicine on the Cornwall campus -- have recently undergone $11 million in renovations and expansions. The upgrades equipped the departments with the latest technology and additional trauma and specialty treatment bays, and reflect SLCH's commitment to patient privacy, comfort, and convenience. Our cardiac cath lab offers state-of-the-art diagnostics.
St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital has nearly 300 physicians on staff, representing dozens of medical specialties. Additionally, more than 1,500 clinical and support personnel work at the hospital, making it one of the largest employers in Orange County.
The 242-bed Newburgh campus, founded in 1874 and currently located on Dubois Street, has a number of other service specialties as well. It is a regional center for neonatology, thanks to its Elaine Kaplan Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and offers pediatric subspecialties, in part through its affiliation with New York Presbyterian Hospital. The Newburgh campus also provides cardiac rehabilitation, pain management/palliative care, and a speech and swallowing center. A cardiac catheterization lab opened in February 2005.
The Cornwall campus was founded in 1931 on Laurel Avenue. Today, the Cornwall campus is a thriving outpatient-focused center with an active Emergency Department which treats more than 16,000 patients each year. This vital and growing community resource offers necessary healthcare access points to area residents for a variety of services. These include Radiation Oncology Services, Littman Cancer Center, Wound Care, Kreisberg Pain Management, Eastern Orange Ambulatory Surgery Center, Physical Therapy and more